Beacon’s National Award Nominations 2015
Nominations extended until April 10
Find out more and submit your nominations today.
Across Australia more than 120 schools and communities are committed to enhancing their young people’s school to work transitions by developing and implementing the Beacon model. These schools and communities choose to do education differently, enhancing outcomes through a collaborative approach. They choose to invest in Australia’s future workforce by educating through work, for work and about work. They choose innovation and excellence in education and employment. In recognition of innovation and excellence we invite you to nominate an outstanding individual or yourself for a prestigious Beacon National Award. For further details about individual awards and eligibility criteria please download the 2015 National Award Nominations information document. Alternatively to submit an application directly please select links below.
- Beacon School Awards Beacon School of the Year Awards for the most outstanding Beacon schools 2014.
- Beacon School of the Year The Beacon school demonstrating the most effective engagement of employers in education, achieving significant educational and transitional pathways for their young people, and are on the pathway to complete sustainability of the Beacon model in their school.
- Alumni School of the Year The Alumni school demonstrating the most sustainable integrated Beacon model, led by the school and community.
- Beacon New School of the Year The 2014 new school demonstrating the greatest commitment to their Beacon partnership and model, consistently embracing new thinking and innovation.
- Beacon Best Practice Awards Excellence awards for best practice in the Beacon model.
- Best Integration of Beacon into School Curriculum The Beacon school demonstrating a ‘whole school approach’ to the Beacon model, with the greatest integration of the Beacon model into the core curriculum.
- Best Beacon Business Blackboard The Beacon school demonstrating the most successful co-designed Business Blackboard lesson.
- Best Leadership The Beacon school demonstrating the best leadership of the Beacon model.
- Excellence in ‘Education to Employment’ The Beacon school demonstrating strong commitment to positive pathways for their students, successfully facilitating the employment of their students through Beacon’s Real Futures Generation Program.
- Best Business Partnership Group The school demonstrating the most successfully implemented Business Partnership Group.
- Beacon Innovation Award An award for the most innovative initiative to achieve better outcomes for young people transitioning from education to employment.
- Beacon Real Futures Generation (RFG) Young Person of the Year Award An award recognising a young person who has shown outstanding commitment and self-motivation during a successful RFG job placement.
Nominations close: April 10 For more information: Phone: (03) 6234 4155 or contact us via email